Texas State Resources
- Student Learning Assistance Center (SLAC)
- The Student Learning Assistance Center can help you learn to SLAC in collegiate style through a variety of academic support programs including a walk-in tutoring lab, Supplemental Instruction, Veteran Academic Success Center, and excellent online resources. Funded primarily through student service fees, Texas State students may use any and all of SLAC’s resources at no additional cost.
- University Writing Center
- Helping current Bobcats—students, faculty, & staff—develop writing in any stage in their writing process, style guide, and discipline.
- Academic Advising
- Academic Advising is important to keep your degree plan on track. You'll work with your advisor to plan your education — considering your academic, personal and professional goals, abilities, and interests. They will connect you with the classes, campus resources, and activities that support your development.
- Student Support Services
- Student Support Services assists traditionally underrepresented students including first-generation college students, students with disabilities, and students who meet low-income guidelines.
- Services provided include one on one and group tutoring, early class registration opportunities, skill-building seminars and more!
- Testing Evaluation and Measurement Center (TEMC)
- The Testing, Evaluation, and Measurement Center (TEMC) is dedicated to supporting students, faculty, and the local community with testing and evaluation-related needs. They offer a variety of services at Texas State University’s San Marcos and Round Rock campuses that are categorized into four distinct units: Testing Lab Services; the Academic Testing for Students with Disabilities (ATSD) office; Scanning Services; and, the Round Rock Testing Center. It is their goal to support student persistence, reduce barriers to graduation, and support faculty research.